I
tread in tatters! My hunger is old and
used to the craving for food. My thirst long for water. My eyes are tired of
the sight of very similar burden your kids carry ;along with you and your
better half.The
same I see on another, some and so many.
Oh
cruel sun; your Lord has created
you to serve a purpose for this world, to regulate a circle in this part of the
cosmos , and to help me with your kind warmth; but you shower your scorching
fire and burn my gift of God .My God is your Lord too; I am not your
enemy!
Hey
brother, is that a piece of bread you just threw away? I see it was fresh and
healthy food. Why didn't you give it to me brother? My children are hungry too.
Your wealth is so huge it can feed a whole generation of your family and more
but you squander it all away? Oh do you
question my character? Yes I work very hard. I toil day and night. But I am not
born in a piece of land that I can call my own. I am not unaware of the chaos
and confusion , you persist in, just to
prove yourself right in a war of Rights, in a claustrophobia of Ideas, and in a
very real imaginary border line. I walk until my feet bleed with bruises ,
wounds, infections and exhaustion! Sometimes I simply fall down dead. More
often I survive.
What is this country? I wonder what territory I have entered? A while back few of my
comrades were forcefully stopped by armed men and the rest of us simply took
flight in different unknown directions.
Have
you thrown away all the bread? Give some to me and I will feed my children.
Don't worry I will clean your car.
Manjita Das
No comments:
Post a Comment